Personal Background – supplied through parent interview focusing on their child’s prenatal and early developmental history, family and peer relationships, the school adjustment, and personal skills and interests.
Academic History – provided through school records, teacher references, grades, and test scores.
Student Interview – structured interaction between student and educational consultant to gain first hand impressions of child’s motivation, interests, preferences, and goals.
Psychoeducational Testing – thorough assessment to provide current measures of:
- Aptitude – intellectual capabilities and potential.
- Learning style, strengths, and difficulties – including assessment of attention skills, motivation, and work ethic.
- Academic achievement levels – current mastery of basic academic levels including reading, written expression, and mathematical areas.
- Adjustment issues – including interpersonal skills, self-confidence, emotional functioning, and problem-solving abilities.
- Personal and career interests.